The Race for the Cure is going to be our new yearly family tradition. We had fun and I was impressed on how many people were there. Only next year I will not do a boutique at my house on the same morning. A little Crazy!!
I did have an asthma attack about 1 mile into it. Let me tell you the story: I have been sick now for over 3 weeks with a cold, really bad cough and also some kind of asthma. I have never had asthma before and it actually started about 1 week before I got sick. The severe night coughing has made it worse and I have had a few times were I have actually struggled to breath. Luckily, Colton was given an inhaler about a year ago when they though he might have pneumonia. So I had that to help me through some rough nights. Derek had been telling me that I NEEDED to go to the Dr. and that this was not normal. So after the race on Saturday I new that it was time to go see the Doctor. Monday I went in, and sure enough I was diagnosed with Pertussis (Whooping Cough) and was put on a Z-pack. I do also have some type of asthma (exercise induced or Adult onset) which he did prescribe an inhaler for. In 4 weeks when I am healthy I will go to the hospital for a lung examination to determine what kind of asthma I have. Hopefully it is nothing permanent. I hope to be feeling much better by the end of this week!


6 comments:
GAVIN JUST GOT DIAGNOSED WITH ASTHMA THIS WEEK TOO!! SO SAD!! HOPE YOU ARE FEELING BETTER!
Hey I hope that everything is ok. I can't believe that you had asthma. I had a temporary asthma a couple of years ago from a bad cold. Let me know hoe you are doing. Love Ya!
We're pulling for you , Jannette.
Your Dad and Linda
Thanks for the blog on it.
That stinks, I hope it is just temporary. Boston has pretty much out grown his asthma. How did the boutique go? Thanks again for the mother's day gift's it was so great to see you.
Sorry to hear about all the breathing struggles. That's really scary! I'm impressed that you still ran - I probably would have wimped out! Way to go!!!
Hey I had another friend that did the Race for a Cure too there :).
How scary about the asthma and whooping cough??!! I'll bet you haven't felt very well for a while. Hope you feel better soon!
Post a Comment