Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Oh what a day

So, on Saturday Colton went to a b-day party and fell while trying to get onto the tramp. He fell onto his wrist and he was in a lot of pain. So after a while we wrapped his wrist and gave him some Ibuprofen and he was OK. Sunday he was still and pain so we gave him more medicine we figured he just a a sprained wrist. Monday he was fine all day didn't complain so we figured he was fine. Tuesday we got up and I took the kids to the gym with me and not even 5 min into my workout the daycare lady came and got me. She said that Colton had fallen and was crying and needed me. Well I found out that he had fallen on the same wrist, he was crying pretty hard. I was desperate to get my workout in... so, I tried to get him to calm down and told him I would only be an hour and that if he stopped crying I would get him some chicken nuggets. He tried to be brave as he sat in my class with me but after a few minutes I could tell he was really hurting. I decided I'd better pack up and leave. As we were leaving I could see that his wrist was swelling and decided we'd better go to the Dr.. On the way he was dry heaving, I think from the pain and just kept saying "Caleb is so lucky because he doesn't have a hurt arm". We didn't have to wait long before they got us back, took some x-rays and gave me the news... A broken wrist...AAHH!
Poor buddy I felt so bad! Especially, because I tried to make him stay at the gym. ( Not proud of that)!
He really was so brave. They fitted him with a custom splint because there was to much swelling to put the cast on. We go back Friday for the cast which he will have to have for 3 weeks. I am a little worried.. we are always doing something in the water so it is going to be a long 3 weeks.

Colton being super brave waiting with his swollen wrist
Colton being fitted for his splint
Caleb wanted to be next to his brother the entire time

6 comments:

Linda said...

Poor little guy. It's good they are waiting until the swelling goes down to put the cast on, however. When Jinnee was 4 she broke her arm. They put a cast on, and the next morning I walked in her bedroom and saw the cast on the floor. It was bugging her during the night and the swelling had gone down enough that it was loose---so she pulled it off!

Shan @ Design Gal said...

poor guy! I bet it was sprained at first, but when he fell the second time, it could have broke it. Don't feel bad- things happen to kids all the time! He's a tough little guy though!

Jodi Ludlow said...

When Brandon broke his arm I did the same thing, except it was a week before he fell on it the second time. I felt so bad for not taking it serious the first time.
Give Colton a hug and kiss for us!

Julie said...

Oh don't feel bad, when I broke my leg it took my mom two days to take me to the doctor. And it was just so the Dr. would tell me it wasn't hurt and I would stop complaining...ya I got pretty spoiled for a few days after that.
That is so cute that Caleb wanted to be right there with him! It gets me excited to watch Corbin and Luke as they get older!

Sharon said...

Ouch! Give Colton a hug from Aunt Sharon! Do they make water-proof casts these days? Or his pool time going to be severly limited? Tell him he is a brave little guy!

Our Little Family said...

So sad. I always think that maybe they will be ok if i don't take them to the dr, but then I remember the time i broke my leg when i was 5 and my parents didn't believe me. so i take them in if they complain about it for longer than a few hours. Sometimes it costs me a pretty penny for just a little sprain. Oh well, what do you do?!
BTW, does that core4 really work? do you use it? let me know. Thanks! Cori