Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Maxfield Updates

Derek- has experienced a lot of changes lately. He is now is working Mon-Fri 8-5 as the Deputy Fire Marshall and just finished his Masters Degree at BYU. He is also still working at Airmed part time and is enjoying it. A few weeks ago he got released at the gospel doctrine teacher and is now the ward missionary leader.


Jannette- I am loving the summer and the sunshine. We are at the pool, lake or splash park almost every day. I am trying to adjust to Derek's new work schedule there are good and bad to both schedules. I do love having him home every night though.
After last spring/summer/fall of having asthma, trying to get pregnant on fertility pills, having a early miscarriage, hormonal problems and feeling like crap! I decided to try and lose some weight and get healthy. I have now lost 14 pounds and I feel so much better! I go to the gym or workout 5-6 times a week and have found that I really love working out! I am still teaching in the primary I teach the 9-10 year old class.

Colton- Only has 1 week left in his cast he has not let it slow him down a bit. He loves being with friends and it seems like as soon as he is done playing with one friend he is asking when the next one can come over. It does drive me a little crazy! He is so excited and ready to start school.

Caleb- Is doing great! Growing and learning new words all the time. We recently had a follow up with the neurologist and he said Caleb is doing great on the medication and thinks that if there are no more seizures in the next 6 months we can start weening him off of it. YEAH!
Caleb loves to copy everything Colton does it is so cute.

3 comments:

Chad and Kelly said...

That is so exciting for Derek. I love listening to him teach (so i'll go to the other class:) You look amazing. I need to get motivated. You would think the possibility of needing to wear a swim suit would do the trick.

Anonymous said...

Jannette, I agree with the other comment, but you always look good. Beautiful is hard to beat.
But I know it feels great to get into shape and I'm glad you like working out. I did it faithfully for months in Cincinnati and went from 163 to 123. !!!! I LOVED IT>
It's getting the mind set and feeling ,like you said ,ucky enough to get going. GOOOOOD JOB, and we hope your summer getts better and better. Happy 4th.
Linda and YOur Dad

Anonymous said...

Derek, please overlook the overlook!
CONGRATULATIONS ON THE COMPLETION OF YOUR GRADUATE WORK. YOU HAVE DONE A HARD THING!!!!!! THIS IS JUST WONDERFUL.
I'm speaking for both of us when I say I know you are relieved it's done. I know it's so much work. Hope you loved what you learned and it was good for you. much love, Mark and Linda