Colton burned his hands on the fireplace the other day. This has been one of our biggest worries. Not only do we have to worry that one of the kids are going to get burned but also the tile on the fireplace has a very sharp edge; Colton too has taken a dive on that and now has a permanent dent in his forehead. So pretty much the fireplace is a huge accident waiting to happen. Colton knows better than to touch it but, I had just turned it off and I think he forgot and went up and smacked it with both hands, there was instant screaming!! Of course Derek was not home and he knows what to do in these situations better than I do (obviously). I got a bowl of cool water and just made him keep his hands in it. I felt so bad as his tears were just running down his face. He was so concerned about blisters I think that he thought if there were blisters it was going to hurt worse. Derek got home and after much talking into finally got Colton to take some Ibuprofen. Anyway, the whole day Colton kept cold water on his hands it was actually pretty pathetic!! The next day he woke up and said they felt better, but he did have blisters.
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment