Colton came home a few weeks ago from school with a note from the school nurse saying that he may have an eye problem and should have a check up with an Eye Dr. I waited a few weeks to even make an appt because I was a little skeptical and thought maybe he might have been goofing off during his eye test. At the Opthamologist we found out that sure enough he does have a pretty significant astigmatism in his right eye and is not seeing super great. Who Knew!!! We were so surprised..... Colton was not happy about the news that he would be wearing glasses and possibly a patch over his good eye to help the weaker one. We felt so bad for him!! It has been an adjustment for him and at times he gets really frustrated and embarrassed with wearing the glasses. Each day does seem to get better though and I think he looks really cute in them! We go back in a month to see how the glasses have helped his right eye and hopefully we wont have to do any patching! It is so hard to watch your child struggle with challenges! Derek and I both wish that we could do it for him and at the same time we realize this is how he will grow.
Friday, December 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment