Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Updates

I have totally neglected our blog for the past few months so here are some updates on what is going on in our lives:

Derek: Got promoted to Battalion Chief and is currently working as the Fire Marshal in Sandy. We are so excited and happy for him! He recently spent 8 days back in Maryland at the National Fire Academy and had a great time meeting firefighters from other states. He's also still working for AirMed (usually on the weekends) so needless to say he is working a lot. I know at times he feels like he is being pulled in a million different directions, but he never complains. I am thankful to have such a great husband.

Jannette: Derek and I will celebrate our 8th wedding anniversary next month. We have also planned a trip to Cancun in April with some great friends. We are so excited and I am really looking forward to being in the warm sun and laying on the beach!
It has been a great year but at times has been a really hard year for me. I guess you could say a roller coaster of emotions for us. Most of you know that we struggle with fertility and that we have had 2 miscarriages this past year. We are just trying to figure out at what point do you say enough is enough?? I have taken several rounds of fertility medications and have had no luck. I wish sometimes I could just have an answer either way. It is hard to make a final decision without having later regrets. I am so thankful for our 2 boys and I know how lucky we are to have been able to have them. We just take it month to month and I know that what is meant to happen will happen and in the long run it will all work out the way that it is supposed to.
I am currently serving as the RS activity leader and love it!!

Colton: Is growing up fast and is full of life, I cannot believe he will be 7 this summer. He loves school and is doing really well!! He likes being with his friends and would play every minute if we let him. He has such a great imagination and loves to dress up in costumes like (Mario, Dog the bounty hunter, and Link)and pretend. Colton is such a great big brother to Caleb!

Caleb: Is potty trained: Yea! He still has to wear a pull up at night because he does have accidents at night. He learned really fast, it took 2 days. He loves to draw trains & rockets and ride his scooter. Caleb is such a happy little boy and I am so grateful that he has such a happy attitude all the time. He loves trains and Micky Mouse! I am having a hard time believing that he will already start preschool this summer. Where does the time go?

5 comments:

Michelle Jones said...

Thanks for the update! (even if I had a hand in forcing it out of you)
I am so sorry about the miscarriages, I didn't know. Maybe we can have another ward fast for you and you'll have twins!
You are beautiful. Your family is beautiful.

Unknown said...

I haven't seen you in a few weeks and it seems like a lot has changed! I can't believe Caleb is potty trained! What was your trick? I am jealous about your trip!! Sounds like fun!! So what about this second miscarriage? When was that? I am soooo sorry Janette!!

Mike and Lindsay Hardle said...

Yeah an update!! You guys are such a sweet family. Love you guys so much!!!!

Stacy said...

Yeah for Cancun and the sun! I am jealous! and double congrats for the potty training. I think that is one of my least favorite things of being the mom. So sorry about the infertility. I have had 2 miscarriages myself, but I am pretty fertile mertile otherwise! Keep trying. and Keep up the Faith!

oh, congrats to your hubby with his job!

Maryann said...

Love the update. Love you and your family. Your great neighbors and friends. Yeah!! for the potty training being almost complete. The pullups at night aren't as bad as washing sheets everyday.
The miscarriage thing is hard. Ethan was my 8th pregnancy. I know it is a super emotional roller coaster ride. One day at the grocery store, I found myself crying over the price of chicken. Who knew 1.79lb was something to cry over.
As for Cancun, bring me back some sun...