I don't do posts very often, but Jannette loaded these pictures on and said I had to label them, so here goes...
Just chillin' by my truck as we were cleaning up camp. I hate when it all ends and it's time to come home. I wait all year for this weekend and then in the blink of an eye it's over.
This was the only buck we saw and there just weren't a lot of deer in our spot this year. I never should have shot it though because it was down in the bottom of this nasty canyon and I had to drag it a long way by myself into an area I was unfamiliar with. Once it got dark I ended up getting disoriented in the pine trees and I was a long ways away from camp. Luckily, I had a GPS and a radio with me. I radio-ed my coordinates to my friend Tyler and he was able to drive my truck into the general area. A few light signals later we were able to meet up and finish dragging the deer out. Otherwise, it would have been a long, cold, lonely night out on the mountain.
Here it is in the hanging tree we made after I skinned it.
Sunday, November 1, 2009
Derek's Deer Hunt
Posted by Derek and Jannette
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Im glad you found your way back!! That is scary. Nice deer!! Love ya
Derek,
this is really a good job of telling your story. Glad you got to camp ok. Good job on getting a deer and the best you said was that you couldn't wait for those cute , cute boys to be big enough to hunt with.
Jannette. GOOOOOOOd picture posting. This was a winner as well as those adorable costumes. Tell the kids Grandpa and I really looked over all the pictures. This is great. Best Blogger in Utah- Jannette!!!!
Post a Comment