Last week I went to Bear Lake with the Young Women in our ward for youth conference and had a great time. We spent the first day setting up and hiking to the Minnetonki Caves, then spent the rest of the day eating, playing games, and a devotional before bed.
The 2nd day we spent mostly at the lake. The Young Women and Young Men had a good time wake boarding and tubing. Two other Young Women leaders and I also rode on the tube together, we screamed almost the whole time. Then back to camp for dinner, another devotional & testimony meeting.
I had a great time with the youth! It is always so much fun spending time with them, but I find myself feeling old when I am with them. I have really enjoyed my calling as the Mia Maid advisor. I have served a little over 2 years and it has been such a great calling for me.
Monday, July 21, 2008
Youth Conference at Bear Lake
Posted by Derek and Jannette
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
Sounds like you had fun!! I am jealous!!
Our family was up there this past weekend as well. I had forgotten how beautiful it is up there. That cave looks amazing, I'm glad you had a great time!
Looks like lots of fun.
Raspberry snickers shake - why didn't I think of that!? Our family set up at the beach near a bunch of youth, but they weren't the youth conference variety if you know what I mean. We got quite a show! That's neat that you love your calling so much. And I understand what you mean by feeling old. I feel old just being in my ward because everyone is so young.
What a great looking group of people. The youth look good. It looks like you were all having a wonderful time. They're lucky to have you as a leader. You can almost feel the fresh air.
nice.
LLL was anonymous :-)
Post a Comment